University: University of Birmingham, UK
Study Subject: Many
For over a century the University of Birmingham has been recognized as one of the world’s leading universities for the quality of our teaching and research. They attract students of the highest caliber from around the world and have been welcoming international students to the University for over 100 years.
- Applicants should have an excellent academic background obtaining a good 2:1 equivalent bachelors degree as a minimum.
- Applicants should also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life. This might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extracurricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
- Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying there.
There will be up to four scholarships each worth £10,000 towards the cost of tuition fees. These awards are available to students who are both nationals of and domiciled within a country in Africa.
In order to be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- be overseas for fee purposesbe both a national of and domiciled within a country in Africa
- have applied for a one year full time masters course and have been issued with a student id number
- Any application received without an id number will not be considered
- Must not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source
- Have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK.
For information on living costs please see: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/support/cost/living.aspx
Scholarship Application Deadline: May 27th 2011
Further Scholarship Information and Application: